Cucumbers have quickly become one of my favorite things to juice. Crisp and refreshing, cucumber juice is nice chilled on its own, mixed into homemade lemonade, or—my personal favorite—as the star ingredient of a cocktail. I made a very simple cocktail to pair with my Chipotle BBQ Tacos this week. Cucumber juice, jalapeño and mint simple syrup, a splash of lime juice, and tequila. Nothing fancy, just fresh and simple.
This cocktail was made for lazy spring afternoons in the valley when it’s almost 90°F out and you’re silently dreading the escalation of heat that will announce the arrival summer. Why? Because it’s refreshing and the tequila helps you forget your troubles. Happy Tuesday!
- 5 oz. cucumber juice
- 2 oz. white tequila
- 3 Tbsp. jalapeño mint simple syrup (recipe below)
- Splash of lime
- Sparkling water, optional
- Ice cubes
- Mint and Jalapeno slice to garnish
- Make the Simple Syrup
- To make he simple syrup combine ¼ cup water and ¼ cup sugar in a small saucepan.
- Add in 4 thin slices of fresh jalapeno, seeds removed, and 10 mint leaves.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves and syrup is infused with your preferred amount of spice, about 3-5 minutes for me.
- Strain and set aside until room temperature. Reserve the jalapeño slices for garnish.
- Enough for a couple cocktails.
- Make the Cocktail
- Place ice in a glass along with cucumber juice, tequila, lime, simple syrup, and mix well.
- Top off with sparkling water if using.
- Garnish with fresh mint and candied jalapeño slices.